Looking for a Source of German Weapons in 28mm

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Looking for a Source of German Weapons in 28mm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Heather
    Participant

I’m looking for a source of German weapons, specifically early war and especially MP40.

The reason:

I’m building the Blitzkrieg infantry and when it comes to the squad leaders I want to give them MP40s. There are two options, both right handed and one of those is firing so needs the left hand to go with it.

There are only two command arms really, one using binoculars and one signally attention/halt.

Unfortunately, the binoculars is also right handed so I can’t use the binoculars and holding a MP40. Which leaves me with holding an MP40 in the right arm and signalling attention with the left arm. That is a good pose but I’d rather not have all of my squad leaders looking the same.

So what I’d really like is some separate MP40s for I could position in the heft hand while using the binoculars in the right hand.

Had a look myself and not been able to find any – other than buying a whole sprue of grenadiers – just for two MP40s.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Nigel

Rolls1s
    Participant

I would check out The Assault Group miniatures. They have an equipment section which includes separate weapons from some of the major nations. I got some SG44s and Panzerfausts from them a few years ago, decent amount of detail too.

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Nigel, If all you need are 2 MP40s then I have them in my bits box.  PM me your address so I can post you one MP40 butt extended and one on a sling butt folded.

Alan

Nigel Heather
    Participant

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for the extremely generous offer. I’ll PM my details across.

Cheers,

Nigel

Stuart Harrison
    Participant
    Alan Hamilton
    Participant

The MP40s are in the post this afternoon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.