are there rules for a panzer IV flak 36 (88)

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action are there rules for a panzer IV flak 36 (88)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Simon Crafter
    Participant

i have spotted rubicon doing a panzer IV flak 36 and was wondering if there is any rules, i couldnt find any but thought i would ask the forum gods

the kit looks awesome and i am getting one for my collection i was just wondering if i can use it or not? cheers for all teh help

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Simon Crafter.
    Nigel Heather
    Participant

Can’t see anything either and checked quite a few of the Bolt Action books.  I would be inclined to use stats similar to the Nashorn but with a bigger firing arc.

Cheers,

Nigel

Simon Crafter
    Participant

thats not a bad shout sir

it is indeed what i shall do

cheers for the idea

Jacob Carter
    Participant

The only things I’d add to those stats would be the versatile and flak keywords and change the price by +20 pts.  That’s the point difference between a flak 37 and Pak 44 so you should be right on the money.

Nigel Heather
    Participant

My thinking it is effectively a Nashorn but without the upper superstructure.

In theory it has 360 firing arc but I doubt it would ever have been deployed like that, still very much firing at stuff to the front.

Being attacked by AP or HE the Nashorn would work well though you could argue that it was more susceptible to HE as it does not have an upper superstructure, but I think it is close enough.

What I would add, as a bit of fun is to allow small arms to attack it as if it were an 8.8cm artillery gun as the crew have no protection (unlike the Nashorn), not even a gun shield.

So movement, defence against HP and HE, like a Nashorn

Firing arc, maybe increase but I’d limit it to front arc (180 degrees)

Defence against small arms, like a 8.8cm artillery piece

Cheers,

Nigel

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Nigel Heather.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.