Is the Steyr ADZG M35 Armor Car authorized for German Generic Reinforced list

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Is the Steyr ADZG M35 Armor Car authorized for German Generic Reinforced list

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HellRaiser 7
    Participant

The Steyr ADZG M35 Armor Car is listed in the Germany Strikes book. It’s listed under New German Units. It doesn’t say it can be listed under generic units . I don’t think I’ve seen any Theater books state for vehicles to have the required statement “can take a vehicle/tank slot in a generic platoon”. That standard generic platoon statement I’ve only seen are used for infantry /dismounted units.
    Do vehicles listed in theater books require the the required blurb of “can take in slot for generic platoon” to be used in a generic Army list?

If vehicles, tanks, armored cars have to have that blurb to be used in a generic platoon, then why isn’t the Armor Car (M35) which has the same stats as other 8 wheeled armor cars (like the SdKfz 231 Heavy Armoured Car 6-Rad or 8-rad)except for 1 more additional MMG be allowed on the Generic Platoon. There are Armored Cars on the Generic list that are way more powerful that have Heavy Antitank guns (like the SdKfz 234/4 ) so the reason it’s not on the list can’t be due to its to top heavy, to powerful. It can’t be as it was maybe deployed in a limited theater use as the M35 was used all over Europe by German Police and unfortunately the SS. Even thought there famous for the famous battle at the post office in Poland, that was not the only country it was used in.
    Thanx, Ed

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by HellRaiser 7. Reason: Typo
    • This topic was modified 7 months ago by HellRaiser 7.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

From the FAQ:
    “New Units
    These books occasionally introduce new units without the
    accompanying text explaining in which selectors they can
    be used.
    As a general guidance in these cases, unless the rules in the unit’s
    entry say otherwise, new units in these books are limited to use
    for scenarios and selectors from that book only. Unless of course
    you get opponent approval, or Tournament Organizers’ approval. ”

Note, it states units, not just infantry and/or artillery units.

Re: ‘I don’t think I’ve seen any Theater books state for vehicles to have the required statement “can take a vehicle/tank slot in a generic platoon”.’, I’ve just had a flick through the first theatre book, Ostfront, and p49 has multiple vehicles with the ‘…is an anti-aircraft vehicle for the purposes of the generic Reinforced Platoon selector from the Bolt Action rulebook’ or words to that effect.

You’d have to ask the individual authors for their reasons for not including that text.

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

Thanks for the post Stuart. I run several tournaments and events a year which  I’ve always enforced the rule if the book doesn’t say that a unit can take a certain slot of the Generic List, I don’t allow it. (Friendly 1vs1 game I wouldn’t care). I was pretty sure Stuart the answer you gave was the one I’d get back as being the right one. While I was researching all of this, I couldn’t remember seeing the required statement on any vehicles (yes I know vehicles are units).So out of curiosity I looked through a few theater books and I only saw the generic statement used on infantry, weapons, crews, dismounted, etc. but not on vehicles. I was asking cause didn’t find it used any on vehicles , but then again I also didn’t look through all 3,000 pages of theaters books (Lol, 🤪) By the way, Isn’t all the theater books put together around 3,000 or more pages. In the time Bolt Action has been around that’s amazing Warlord Games has written & published that many books.  I tell players my goal is to play every BA scenarios at least once before they drape the flag over me, but I don’t think I’ll meet that goal.
    Also , while expecting to not be able to use the M35 in tournament, it’s not a big deal as I’m almost done with my Partisan Army, my Bulgarian Army to go after them, and the M35 will still get plenty of usage as it was originally bought just to use in my upcoming partisans event I’ll run in 2o24. (Plus it’s such a cool killer looking vehicle,) I love having out on the table  unique units & vehicles.
    Down the road , I would like to the M35 Armored car in the generic category, while not a whole lot were made, they were used in a lot of different  countries and it’s not going to tip the scales of any game.
    Last while on the Subject, I hope in Bolt Action V3, the categories of Tanks and Armored cars (which in some cases contradict each other) is fine tuned a little bit. You have Sdfzk 234/4 with a huge tank killing gun in Armorcar category, but there’s a car with a single AutoCannon in the Tank Category. That’s not me just suggesting, I would definitely say that revamping of Tank & Armoredcar categories in V3 is on the top 3 issues all the gamers I talk to bring up.
    Thanks Again , everyone have a wonderful weekend, happy gaming and may all your miniatures stay on the table and not on the floor! Ed🤘😎

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

The New Warlord Army Builder App Has the Steyr M35 listed under Reinforced list. Is the Warlord App an official tool now to let participants use for tournaments? Is it ready to start having gamers use it as the Army builder for tournaments from now on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.