Indian and Australian plt in Burma or Italy

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Indian and Australian plt in Burma or Italy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Errico
    Participant

Hi all, Is legal to use the indian and Austarlian army National charateristics (pag. 102 western desert) also in Italy and Burma where the two army also fought ?

Hi

I think you will find the Australian army did not fight in Italy, they were withdrawn back to Australia. However, the New Zealand Army did fight in Italy.

Ben.

Hi, Errico:

The 14th Indian Division of the XVth Corps fought in Burma, especially along the southern coast of Burma.It was especially active 1944-45. I have had some of my British figures painted up as Indian Army troops because I focus on Allied-Japanese conflict in Burma. (My father was a Merrill’s Marauder). I also painted up my Nisei figures as Nationalist Chinese to represent the Chinese Army in India (CAI), trained and commanded by General Joe “Vinegar” Stilwell.

Good Gaming,
    Sam

Errico
    Participant

Thanks for the answer. Yes new zelanders and indian in Italy and Australian and indian in New Guinea and Burma. But can I do an Indian PLT from cassino or Burma army list with the indian National charateristics from western desert ??

Greg S
    Participant

I can’t see that anyone would object in a friendly game. Whether you could use such a platoon in a tournament is very much down to the tournament organiser.

Errico
    Participant

Thanks Greg!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.