how do i unbend metal weapons

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action how do i unbend metal weapons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mannix01
    Participant

help, i need some suggestions on how to unbend bent metal rifles and BARs. i purchased several boxes of winter US troops and some of the weapons are bent 180 degrees.

any suggestions to prevent them from breaking off.

invisible officer
    Participant

The problem is that many BA miniatures are casted with a brittle material. It gives a better surface but is more prone to breaking.
    Bending is possible but each time the internal structure is damaged. Sometimes one bend in each direction is enough.

But if broken, there is ever superglue 😉

Glue at one part and a bit of water on the other. (Superglue normally sets by air humidity). Works well.

mannix01
    Participant

thanks.

i was thinking maybe really hot water may soften up the metal enough to make bending it back a little easier. has anyone tried this?

Dr Dave
    Participant

Hot water often works with plastic and resin, but the temperature you’d need to get to with the metal is way above 100 Celsius – certainly too hot to hold and bend back.

invisible officer
    Participant

Hot water is OK for resin. But I use the hot air over my toaster. Better control. But beware of the heat.

Tin melts at 231,9 ° C and with the add on stuff the miniature metal melting temperature is even higher.

To reach these temperature you need a soldering iron. And instead of making bending easier you will just transform the rifle into a blob.

If you have a good one you can use it to solder on broken parts but that needs some experience in soldering. I did so but would not recommend it if you never did work with that tool.

Commander Klank
    Participant

180 degrees is too much to recover from… take pictures and send (email) them to warlords customer service… they should send you replacement miniatures.

Warlord minis are great but their weapon barrels are too purportedly correct; hence they are thin and bend/break easily for wargaming minis. This is my only grip on Warlord stuff.

Get with customer service; they should take care of you…

mannix01
    Participant

thanks, i will get back to them

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.