Hot weather

Home Forums General Discussion Hot weather

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gareth
    Participant

Its hit 30C for three days running in the UK and that’s freaking hot as far as I`m concerned. I am painting in a pair of sensible shorts(sorry nothing attractive unless you like bears?) and nothing else and still too hot. Its my day off with air brushing planned but now abandoned and any paint I put in the pallet is vanishing faster than I can mix it.

How do other people cope with heat and painting especially people who get weather hotter than the UK because at the moment painting from the kids paddling pool is looking appealing.

laurence strong
    Participant

Do you have a basement? They tend to be cooler…..that’s where I have my set up…

Cheers
    Larry

invisible officer
    Participant

I tend to paint fitting stuff. March or die foreign Legion or ancient Egyptians. Or the opposite, I just finished a Deutscher Orden Knight breaking into ice. (What did not happen in Peipus lake battle but is such a popular myth)

laurence strong
    Participant

[quote] (What did not happen in Peipus lake battle but is such a popular myth)[/quote]

Hello IO

Good to see you again 😉

I would be curious to hear what did happen…..I only know the “myth”

Cheers
    Larry

invisible officer
    Participant

PM sent with the story. My Lake Peipus 28 mm armies being non Warlord, so I should not do a thread.

Don’t melt, it gets hotter that Weekend.

Koin-Koin

@Gareth I may be captain Obvious here but the wet palette is main solution every painter around me use.
    As a matter of fact wet palette is useful on a daily basis not only with the actual weather.

I remember seeing somewhere on the inter-web someone putting some aluminium paper on a glass tray but never tried it myself.

A friend of mine just received his Everlasting Palette, I will ask him if it makes a difference with such temperature.

Rich
    Participant

Have a back log of plastic waiting to be painted at the moment but hey who doesn’t, so am building some Pacific terrain. Have never seen so many plastic plants and still need more but might as well crack on with it.
    At least it’s not taking long for all the glue and flocks to dry.

Jan Drescher
    Participant

@Koin-Koin

I got the everlasting, too, and its definitely a difference to my Selfmade one. Makes the Paint Last longer and easier to Mix, I would definitely recommend it.

Koin-Koin

@Jan Drescher
    I just got some feedback today from another friend of mine.
    He use just a few drops of paint on it and was able to paint a whole Bolt Action platoon in the afternoon.
    It really seem impressive.

Still, I want to get the feedback from my other friend as he took it for very specific use as glaze and such so he could be very peeky on the result.

EDIT/ I found the iced palette topic I mentioned earlier.

Bakblast
    Participant

My wet palette just arrived, haven’t set it up yet, but I am vibrating wildly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.