Hold Fast Supplement – Tease!

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Hold Fast Supplement – Tease!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

As not everyones on FB (the offical Black Seas Group).. thought Id copy some info over from the author of the new supplement –

by the tease pictures its in final draft and is called ‘Hold Fast’

It contains the Russian fleet (as suspected from warlords 12 days of christmas teases) its also coming with models for: “2nd rates, small 3rd rates, 4th rates, 6th rates, razeed, indiamen ( all generic)”… (thats a quote from Gabrio Tolention) by the sounds of it they will be resin with metal masts (my guess from the question and response).~

Time to start saving for a Russian Fleet for me!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Nat.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Nat.
    Bob D
    Participant

Hi Nat

thanks for this. This sounds really good! I don’t have Faecebook so cannot see whatever has been posted there. Are there Ottoman ships as well? There should be as they were quite unique.

cheers

—Bob

Nat
    Participant

Thats all thats been posted… a couple of pictures with some rules for capturing ships and that info… EDIT – posted them below

If I (or anyone else) sees anything more we’ll post!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Nat.
    Nat
    Participant

Nat
    Participant

Me – are ottamans included?

Gabio – yes. But all the smaller navies of the time have only 1 or none special rules and usually 1 special character and/or a special ship

Bob D
    Participant

Well, the Ottoman navy was not a smaller navy by any means: there were some quite large fleet battles against the Russians. My recollection was that the Russians used ‘normal’ ships, but heavily overgunned. The Turks, on the other hand, had quite different warships: wide with high sterns, thin skinned but consequently relatively fast, with huge crews but lighter and fewer guns than gun ports, being intended as much for transport as for fighting; and, at least in the early c18th, they used those high calibre but short ranged Kantar guns firing marble cannonballs: they definitely deserve a couple of their own ships!

Sean Schoonmaker
    Participant

This sounds great, especially the expansion of the miniature line!

I’m not all that familiar with the Ottoman ships of the time – something I’ll need to correct before the release.

Nat
    Participant

So Gabrio has just posted this on FB!…. my guess is possibly an end of the month pre-order?

My wallet hopes not :p

Nat
    Participant

a 2nd rate… as shown off on FB by Gabrio

Nat
    Participant

May be an image of text that says "BLACK The SBAS 792411004 1004 2nd Rate 1/700th warlordgames.com"better picture of the 2nd rate!

Nat
    Participant

pictures of new ‘modern’ merchants with a rought ETA of ‘soon after Hold Fast’

Nat
    Participant

look whats appeared on FB!

Vetrarbreytin
    Participant

Very great topic, thanks for gathering all the infos here ! Cheers, mates.

Bob D
    Participant

Hi Nat

Ditto. From a non-Faecebook user – thanks for the info, and it is great to see some momentum for this great game and line of supporting models.

However, I am not seeing the ‘better pic of the 2nd rate’ or those for the ‘modern’ merchants: is that just me (over a Safari browser)?

I asked directly on the Hold Fast announcement page, but must have missed the time window within which Warlord respond. I heard that the Santa Ana is mentioned in the supplement: will there be a dedicated model for her (and her sisters) or do we need to use a generic Spanish 1st rate? Curious as we have two dedicated models for British 1st rates but only one for the Spanish, who had some lovely ships (including the highly prized 80-gun 3rd rates).

Cheers

—Bob

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Bob D.
    Nat
    Participant

@bobD – sorry not sure why they’re not showing anymore 🙁   I cant see them either…. will try and find the picture on FB again.

I litterally have no more info that is in this thread…. all I do is post what I see on FB 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.