Hms victory special rule

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Hms victory special rule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    martin massey
    Participant

The rule for hms victory states all ships within 20″ get +1 to skill checks. I assume this means the enemy fleet too. As Nelson similar rule is specific to only British ships. Just writing a list for my first ever game and it got me wondering. 

Nat
    Participant

hmm…. I would say no, you dont pay points to benefit your opponent.  I would put it down to missing the word ‘friendly’ or ‘British’

I mean Collingwood and Lawerance have their rules worded differently but mean the same thing – one will never strike their colours under any circumstance & the other allways passes …

martin massey
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I didn’t think it would at first either. But it was when I read again the blurb about the ship which mentioned it being awe-inspiring to both enemy and friend alike which made me question whether it was intentional.</p>

Nat
    Participant

quick discussion with my local gaming group… RaW, yes it does

RAI – I’d actually argue now that its also a yes… if you look at its cost v l’orient its only 10 points more for a argubaly far better ship (less chance of going boom! for starters :p)

invisible officer
    Participant

One of the many xx rules.  I gave Black seas a try. Having large Napoleonic fleets in 1/1200 and 1/300 the models had been no option for me but all rule sets deserve a try.

All flagship 3 decks made the others around fighting harder. But no RN one was lost in action. So to give the enemies of Britain a moral bonus is doubtfull.

Orient,  hmm. The design had no built in boom construction mistake. They had been superb ships, no Fisher BC  design. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.