Help assembling thr Brit army 17 pdr AT gun please

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Help assembling thr Brit army 17 pdr AT gun please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mick
    Participant

Hi. I’m having trouble determining how one component is meant to attach to the gun. I’m unsure of where its supposed to go. I can’t seem to get it to align properly regardless of how I orient it. I’ve tried searching for reference photos but I haven’t had any luck.

I’ve attached a photo of my build.  The piece in question is the small bit lying on the paper next to the base.  Can anyone provide a photo of how it’s supposed to be affixed?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Mick.
    Nigel Heather
    Participant

Looking at the exploded diagram here

It looks like it goes on top of the breech.

Must admit, given the price of some of these metal models I’m often disappointed by the poor fit but mostly by the poor assembly instructions.

I get the limitations of the white metal moulds but there is no excuse for poor instructions.

Mick
    Participant

Yes, I’ve got the exploded diagram.  It does seem as though it should go on the top on the breech but I have no idea where or in what alignment.  It doesn’t mesh with the breech top at all.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

If it is the sight, the tube will be horizontal, above and to the left of the breech.

Mick
    Participant

Thanks.  I glued it on as a site based on some photos I’d found prior to Stuart’s excellent post.  Got it a bit too far forward but I can live with it.

For some reason, making the initial post via my phone has led to an IP block from my home internet connection.  Annoying, but now I can only access this site via VPN or by taking my phone off the home WiFi.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.