Greek Hoplites (SOPCOM Entry: Best Unit)

Home Forums Historical Hail Caesar Greek Hoplites (SOPCOM Entry: Best Unit)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    303in204
    Participant

Long time listener first time poster.

Made these as a presentation to a friend of mine (Greek orthodox) on his wedding day. While not a tabletop gamer, he majored in classical studies, visits Greece regularly, and plays a good deal of Rome: Total War.

To be honest I have no idea if this is a game legal unit (composition, basing etc) as I’m a bolt action player myself.

Edit- will add images when I get to a pc and can compress file sizes,

303in204
    Participant

HL1

HL2

HL3

HL4

HL5

HL6

HL7

HL8

HL9

303in204
    Participant

HL1

HL2

HL3

HL4

HL5

HL6

HL7

HL8

HL9

Could an Admin please delete the above post with the incorrectly formatted image tags? I must be missing something as I cannot seem to edit my posts after initially posting/editing, which is odd.

Big Al
    Participant

Very nice! The photos I can see are great. It doesn’t matter whether it is a “game legal” unit or not. It was a very impressive present to a non gaming friend, so is unlikely to be used as such.

Love it!

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Beautiful diorama. I especially like hose shields. I think you should be branching out in to Hail Caesar after this effort! 😀

303in204
    Participant

Thank you both for your comments.

I only mentioned game legality as it’s a stipulation for entry into the painting contest, something I hadn’t considered doing when I first undertook this project.

The shields are transfers from Little Big Men Studios, sold by Warlord. They turn out wonderfully but be warned, they do not apply like normal waterslide transfers. They have to be placed face down and are self adhesive, so you place them blind and cannot really shift or re-orient them once placed.

As for more Hail Caesar, I may have a Roman command sprue sitting in my painting que, though when I’ll get to it amongst the rest of the backlog I cannot say!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.