Great War in BRS?

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Great War in BRS?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Claire
    Participant

Has anyone looked at using this system for Great War?  I’m not sure keeping the same “scale” and just using really slow planes would be the right approach, but perhaps rescaling it for Great War.  Does anyone have any experience?

Koin-Koin

I’m pretty sure it should work as it scales up for Korea and potentially could to modern area too.

All you need is the scale used to transform planes characteristics into play values.

If I remember properly, Andy Chambers shared some of those informations in a previous post.

It needs to be tested for sure but if we look at WoG/WoW, both conflict were covered with the same system.

Nat
    Participant

IIRC didnt Andy Chambers say that the FirePower would need to be upped as planes had a max of only about 4 MGs (so that would be FP 3)
    Also speed would be 25 mph per Inch of speed instead of the 50 for WW2 because otherwise the game would be slow to get aircraft in to combat.

Koin-Koin

Or a smaller battlefield indeed.

Eumerin
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it should work as it scales up for Korea and potentially could to modern area too.

Early Vietnam, maybe. But I suspect that missiles will kind of throw things off-kilter somewhat once they move beyond the very early heat-seekers. You also need to figure out a system to handle radar both for long-range detection and for radar-guided missiles like the Sparrow. In short, while dog-fights can still happen, there’s now a strong focus on detecting the enemy and shooting him down before he even knows you’re there.

Nat
    Participant

… hmm lets spitball some ideas (with 0 prior thought on the subject!)for modern aircraft in BRS – speed is in 100s not 50s

Jet 3 – 1970s + jets… additional rule, “after burners”…aircraft may add +2 to both min & max movement

Missile card – each aircraft can have so many missile cards depending on type (ie harrier can allow you to take 4), each one is a remove card that goes in your hand – your hand size is increased by 2 (so 5 for a normal game).  You pay points for each missile card you include

Missiles – range 20” FP 6 any none dodged hit removes target irrespective of advantage level, deflection shots still only add Agility not speed.

Heat seaker missile –  dont add agility to dodge rolls (so only pilot skill).  May target aircraft in clouds at -2 FP

Adv Heat Seaker – same as heat seaker but no -2 to FP for targeting aircraft in clouds .

Chaff – aircraft trait card-  allows agility to be used against heat seaker missiles

edit – so you could end up with 1 aircraft with 4 missiles going up against 2 aircraft each with 1 missile! :p

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Nat.
    Koin-Koin

I think we digress as the OP was about the great war.

Regarding this part, as long as no one intend to play planes from WWI against their WWII counter part, firepower scaling may tolerate some marging if not a scal of its own or all the planes may end with FP 0 to 1.

BTW, about afterburner, it should have a counterpart (like start with one boomshit) as it’s fuel consuming thus reducing the potential time in combat.

Post Korea rules may need their own thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.