Glosters on the Imjin ?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Glosters on the Imjin ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gareth
    Participant

Been experimenting with some Bolt Action body parts and seeing what’s possible with fighting a Korean War scenario with the figures we already have.

The British seemed the easiest choice with Korean War uniform being nearly exactly the same as WWII. The only differences seem to appear during cold weather when they wear a kind of smock and also wear American gear. Even so most pictures show a mishmash of uniform in an attempt to stay warm. The head ware is a combination of berets, beanies, tin hats and even a few Chinese fur hats.

Anyway,

Possible two Glosters patrolling the Imjin or too much time on my hands ?

Inverugie
    Participant

The silhouette, with a mixture of headgear, seems very true to the period. I’m just not sure how many wore camouflage uniforms rather than ‘standard’ khaki battledress, particularly in winter?

Gareth
    Participant

The figures in the picture are not wearing camouflage lol,it’s just the poor quality of the photo plus some unwanted light. Trust me it’s all faded greens. I will try and post a better picture without the extra light.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Great idea, and lovely conversions. Surely a Warlord plastic Centurion can’t be too far away ? 😉

Inverugie
    Participant

Ha, I did wonder! In which case I retract my 2nd remark, and think they’re the dog’s doodahs!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.