German horse drawn limbers

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action German horse drawn limbers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Witch Racer
    Participant

I’m trying to get a German horse drawn limber but the only one I have found is a WWI from Empress miniatures.  Both use the MKI horse (the MKII has rockers and was not used by the military) but I don’t know how different the limbers would be.  I have plenty of seated infantry to replace the WWI figures. Anyone have any suggestions.

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

There were many WW1 artillery limber. Virtually every gun and howitzer type had its own specific limber.  That said most were externally similar and most served in both world wars either unmodified or with new ammunition racks, new wheels and suspension for new guns etc. I suppose it depends on how accurate you need your model to be.

Have look here:

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=173320

Witch Racer
    Participant

Thanks the link is really useful. Ill have a look at one one my next show and if it looks ok pick it up.

Witch Racer
    Participant

Christmas I got a horse drawn limber with 6 horses.  This will give me a regular le.IG.18 (75mm infantry howitzer) + tow for 60pts plus two dice in the dice bag.  I’m  attaching pictures.  Next I’ll try to do a mule team.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

Ebay is a good resource.  I found a two and four horse limber on there, and the manufacturer was happy to give me two spare horses to make a six horse limber.  These are all 3D prints and so are pretty cheap (£9.99 for the two horse limber).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.