Flamethrower team in finnish army

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Flamethrower team in finnish army

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi there,

I am wondering that in Italy and the axis/finnish army (generic army) I can’t find a slot for a flamethrower team.

You could find a slot in several finnish theater lists.

Is that right or just a mistake? Can’t find anything about it in Errata or FAQ?

richard zamudio
    Participant

LoL! Aren’t the Finns powerful enough as they are? Seriously, the Armies of books are very generic and were all written before V2 came out. In the campaign books, the lists are much more nuanced and have greater detail for the various armies. For instance, compare the Hungarians in Axis allies with the Budapest campaign book and you will see what I mean.There are engineer squads in on e book and not in the other. That is a shame because many tournaments only allow the armies of books.

So, to make a long story short, you will have to make Finnish forces from the Armies of books, as incomplete as they are.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Looks like the FT team has been left out of all of the generic selectors in that book, not just Finland.

I would say it is just an error that the FT team has been left out – the generic lists in the armies of books are supposed to be a direct lift from the MRB, not their own lists. ie, AoIatA p10, Italy – Army List, first para, first dot point :

“Use the Reinforced Platoon selector from the Bolt Action rulebook in conjunction with the Army List in this book. To save referencing the rulebook, the generic Reinforced Platoon selector is repeated below.”

Lars
    Participant

Thx for your answers.
    I agree with stuart.

To be frank I didn’t want to talk about imbalance or want to say that Finns aren’t strong enough..

The ft team is missing in the generic list as a mistake and not as an intended cause.
    Therefore it will be possible to take them in the generic army list. That’s my opinion. Do anybody have a different view?

I am new to bolt action and to this forum. Will I get an official answer from warlord to this issue?

Thx.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.