Flames throwers firing at open top armoured vehicles

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Flames throwers firing at open top armoured vehicles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

Hi

Just want ted confirm that I have the correct understanding of the rules. The scenario if that I have a foot flamer attacking a British carrier.

Assuming I moved to be just within 6″ of the vehicle. I just need a 3 to hit since I am within short range (assuming I am not pinned). I get D3 +1 pins on the carrier.

Since the flamer hits the top of the carrier it does not get the -1 pen penalty for being over 3″ away.

Since the flamer pen is +3 and gets a +1 for hitting top armour and that the carrier armour is 7, I need a +3 to do damage. There does not other positives for the flamer if the vehicle is open topped.

The carrier will need to do a morale test if hit. I assume the crew are just fine unless the carrier is destroyed.

Philip

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

4 to hit.

-1 for moving (FT does not have the assault rule)
    -1 for long range (manpack FT is range 6″, you are over half it’s maximum range).
    +1 for Point Blank (applies to all shots within 6″ range – there is nothing excluding BOTH point bank and long range applying for a 6″ range weapon, it’s just counter-intuitive).

Pins correct.

You missed the hit being multiplied by D6. There is no exclusion for vehicles.

The lack of a -1 to pen for long range is due to not relying on velocity, nothing to do with the top hit. The +1 for top armour is in addition to that – you are correct with the 3+ to damage.

Correct about the morale check – don’t forget to apply those pins received to the passengers as well 😉

Philip
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the information.

Will the passengers receive the same number of pins as the vehicle or do I need to throw for them separately?

So the passengers can be pinned while in a vehicle?

Philip

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Passengers take the same number of pins as the vehicle, p116, Vehicles, Transport Vehicles, Units Aboard Transports, second para, second sentence – “…any time a vehicle takes pin markers, each unit it carries takes the same amount of pin markers.”

The passengers can’t be targetted so that’s the only way they take pins while embarked – flow on from the transport taking pins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.