Errata ?

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Errata ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant

Hi all

Is there any errata yet?. I know with cruel seas there was a lot so hoping there is far less for this game.

I ended up buying a second ed CS rulebook off Ebay rather than stick 12 pages into the original book, which was okay as it was pretty cheap.

Games does look good though, although I will play with 1200 scales ships as the 700 scale is too big for my gaming table if it is more than a few ships

Thanks Pete

Lincolnlog
    Participant

Pete,

Doesn’t seem like Warlord is paying much attention to this forum. There has not been a single rule question answered by an official rep. Also, there should be a rules questions sub-forum stickied.

The rule book so far seems to be much cleaner that CS was at launch.

Bob

Capt John Sparrow
    Participant

Disappointing, isn’t it? Especially when they ask for votes for customer service awards.
    I regard this forum as part of customer service.

Speaking to some retailers recently, they said if I thought this was bad, try being a retailer dealing with Warlord Games. It explained why there was so little WG stock in their stores.

John
    Participant

not sure why they bother with a forum if they don’t want to support their buyer as for retailer bought load from my local one and then find I don’t get special model never mention with CS and BS release not with rome game they release disappointing

invisible officer
    Participant

The idea of some “official” answering rule questions is based on a wrong idea about the writers.

Most are no employees of Warlord. They have “real world” jobs. Among them is a serving RN officer, professional historians from some different countries and many in other occupations that take time. Add families and other hobbies…….. . And not all get paid for the work on the rules. Nobody gets much.

To expect them to give you a free service is typical for our internet time. In old paper rules time few expected that.

If Warlord would hire someone to answer that person woud not know much more than the readers.

Capt John Sparrow
    Participant

That’s an excellent point that I hadn’t considered. I guess I’ve been ‘spoilt’ back as a child playing GW stuff and more recently with X-Wing, where questions get answered quickly and biannual FAQs and errata are officially released.

Still, currently happy with the game and as my main opponents are my children, there’s some fudging of rules to enable smooth gameplay.

#yettowinagame

Capt John Sparrow
    Participant

Although, my Bolt Action queries used to get answered and errata’d quickly enough…

John
    Participant

warlord in dressed in pushing judge dredd stuff this seem to have been ready so sold it as ready but hot pushing or supporting it like they are judge dredd ask retailer JD being pushed in face as for support that should come with the game in this day and age u make something if not right eg rules donot contain the answer then the seller warlord should sort it or atleast use their own forum

Lincolnlog
    Participant

While I understand the idea for having volunteer admin for the forum, and them having RL jobs, don’t they have a communication channel to the publisher. In the first week of the creation of Bolt Action forum there were sticky sub forums for reporting issues, and asking rules questions.

I had to ask them to create this forum a week after the game launched. Prior people were talking in General forum and it was difficult to find threads. Cruel Seas got rules questions and concerns answered, and added to banner on the Warlord home page.

Not faulting the volunteers, when it was mentioned on a You Tube video in the comments that they weren’t watching there forum, that comment was mysteriously deleted within a day.

Warlord is a good solid company, but may because this is a niche gaming, there doesn’t seem to be the usual great support. Perhaps this will change, they released a lot of products simultaneously, maybe they are just behind?

Bob

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.