Epic 30 Year War additions

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Epic 30 Year War additions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I know that Epic Pike and Shoote is just getting rolling. I have bought into the game and am working on a 30 Year War Imperialist force. My mate is doing Swedish forces. I was wondering about the possibility of down the road Warlord Games would make some Croat and Cossack light cavalry miniatures. They are a big part of the Imperial cause. My mate wonders about some Finnish light horse as they are common in a Swedish army.

Any thoughts?

Dennis

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Dennis – I’m not aware that Warlord have made any comment about Croats/Cossacks, yet.  I suspect they would be in resin if they do them as I’m not sure they would go the plastic route for a troop type they might not sell very many of.  Maybe they are waiting to see how many 30YW versions of the Epic stuff they sell first?  You may need to look at other 15mm ranges for some suitable Croat types in the short term.

Finnish horse are easier. You can use the same figures as you do for the Swedish horse.  Although people love to highlight the Finnish horse, they weren’t equipped differently to the rest of the Swedish horse.

Hope this helps?

Good luck with your projects, and I hope that you and your mate will come and share your progress here.

Dennis
    Participant

Charge the Guns,

Thank you. Yes, I am sure if Warlord does come out with Croats and Cossacks, they would be resin which would work just fine for me. Thank you for your thoughts on the Finnish light horse. I am not too familiar with the Swedish forces of the era, but I see this troop type in a lot of the historical battles.

Dennis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.