Entry for Summer Offensive Painting Competition

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Entry for Summer Offensive Painting Competition

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChicagoDice
    Participant

Hello! Here is my thread to track progress on my Summer Offensive Painting Competition entry. I’ll be submitting a squad of veteran late-war Germans using Winter SS and Volksgrenadiers models.

Update 1 First photo is just the squad build – not even primed yet!

I hope to be updating on a weekly basis.

Gareth
    Participant

Glad to see lots of people giving this a go, good luck all.

ChicagoDice
    Participant

Squad based over the weekend. I’ll have them primed and apply the zenithal highlight early this week. Hopefully brush on model no later than this weekend.

Two

ChicagoDice
    Participant

Solid progress on the first batch of four models over the weekend. This is my first attempt at the late-war cammo scheme and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Still plenty of word to do!

three

four

ChicagoDice
    Participant

More progress, finally! I think this first batch of four is just about done – besides the basing.

five

ChicagoDice
    Participant

Some finishing touches last night. Still need to finalize that basing but this first batch of four are ‘complete’. I hope to start the next batch of four this week.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Wow – love that camo!

ChicagoDice
    Participant

Cheers! I’ve been following a guide from the Scale 75 Waffen-SS Cammo paint set. Having a set of colors that are meant to work together made it much easier!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.