ECW: Red Regiment

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte ECW: Red Regiment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rough Rider
    Participant

I have returned to my English Civil War project: painting my way through two battalia boxes. The last of the infantry regiments, this one with red coats.

More pictures on my blog.

Battle Brush Sigur
    Participant

Very nice (and great photos too!). Pike formations in 28mm do kinda look nice…

invisible officer
    Participant

Lovely setting for a nice unit.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Beautiful looking regiment, RR! They look very fine in their red coats. As BBS says, a nice unit of pike and shot surely does warm the cockles of your heart 🙂 .

Rough Rider
    Participant

Thank you boys!

Gregreames
    Participant

Nice!!

Do you guys tend to favour painting the britches the same colour as the jackets? I’m not sure if I’m right doing some matching and using an assortment of browns/greys for some too!

Rough Rider
    Participant

I paint the trousers a variety of greys and browns. The odd time I paint pants red and officers get matching coats and pants to mark out how fancy they are ;).

As an aside, I have been looking at some contemporary (sort of- early 17th C) Dutch military paintings and one thing that has struck me is lack of uniforms.

Gregreames
    Participant

Ah cool. Out of interest. How did you rank your pikemen?

Part of me is tempted to use two of my infantry boxes and have 12 charging/charged pikes in one unit (3 ranks deep) with the command stand at the back and use the 12 upright pikes in a second unit with the command stand in the front and have the unarmoured bodies as more of a trained bands unit.

Rough Rider
    Participant

The red regiment is three ranks of 5 but my other regiments have their pike in 4 ranks of 4.
    Here is Tiller’s (green coats) finished in 2014:
    null
    Rupert’s Foot, also from 2014:
    null
    A pike block from a generic ‘grey’ regiment from 2015 (for some reason I don’t have a regiment picture with the shotte):
    null

Corso
    Participant

Great regiments!!

More please!

Charge The Guns
    Participant

I especially like the variety, as well as the masterful brush work, in that grey regiment. Great stuff!

invisible officer
    Participant

More nice foot.

More, we want more 😉

Rough Rider
    Participant

I am *this close* to finishing the last unit (a cavalry squadron) from the second Battalia box set so a mile stone will be reached. Once that is done I will set them all up on the parade ground for some photos.

Rough Rider
    Participant

And it’s done! A regiment of Royalist cavalry:

That means that I have two completely painted Battalia Box Sets done now:

More pictures on my blog.

invisible officer
    Participant

G R E A T in big capitol letters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.