Double Barrel Shotguns for 28mm

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Double Barrel Shotguns for 28mm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GeneralJimbo81
    Participant

Realise this could prob go into a number of the forums but as I want them for my British Home Guard ill put it here
    Does anyone know where I can get double barrel shotguns (ideally side by side) for a few of my home guard? Metal, 3d print or plastic is fine.
    I have found very very few and nearly all I have don’t  seem appropriate (more si fi or oversize or kind of pistol like). The only ones that seem possibly suitable are on shapeways but price especially with p&p rediculous.
    For such an iconic weopon I’ve been surprised how little options there are.
    Any assistance would be welcome.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Bad Squiddo has some Land Army ladies with double barrel shotguns.  There’s the odd double barrel scattered through the VBCW ranges (Empress and Footsore) but you’ll generally be buying a pack of four minis for one with a shotgun, I think the Great Escape Games plastic gunfighters have a couple of double barrels on each sprue (2 part so can be assembled ‘broken’ for loading or ready to fire.

Jim Ripley
    Participant

Only ones I have seen are on the sprues of the new plastic figure sets ( Gunfighters ) for Dead Mans Hand .  IRC you get 2 per sprue , and they come “broken  ” in  2 pieces so you can model them  being reloaded .

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Jim Ripley.
    GeneralJimbo81
    Participant

Thanks @bmdnut and @ripley. I was aware of the VBCW and Bad Squiddo (one day ill get their Bofors) but wanted weapons I can fit to my plastic Warlord Brits. Ill check out Great Escape Minatures Gunfighters. Im guessing your both refering to the same set. Modelling one with the gun broken would be cool.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Found this listing:

https://www.colonelbills-store.co.uk/store/Old-West-Selection-of-Rifles-Hand-Guns-&-Holsters-p461452988

The ‘generic shotgun’ should be a double barrel side by side for the period, but looks single barrel in the picture?  If so, could still be modified to a side by side.  Another option is to modify one of the two rifles into a double barrel over and under (should look close enough).

Still looking…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.