Dear Black Seas: Start telling us about yourself!!

Home Forums General Discussion Dear Black Seas: Start telling us about yourself!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Price
    Participant

Why o why has there been absolutely no information about this game, which is apparently up for preorder in about a month?!

I thought the idea for Cruel Seas was a cool one (though ultimately I couldn’t get into the game itself…), and I’m very excited for ANY news about Black Seas.

What scale?

Is it using the Cruel Seas rules, or are these completely new?

What will the size of battles (typically) be?

What’s in the starter set?

What sort of tie ins to Black Powder are planned?

Why are you hiding yourself from me!!!

Matt Price
    Participant

…And tell us more about the minis. Resin? HIPS? Metal?

Very curiously yours,
    Matt

invisible officer
    Participant

A bit was here:

And a demo Video from Salute

Raxonika
    Participant

Looks good. Nice scale and good looking models.

I rushed to buy Cruel Seas, which I do like, but is let down by some unclear rules and weak pre-production checking and errors (perhaps rushing to get it out ?).
    A real pity.

So I am going to wait to see how Black Seas reviews and what comments it attracts from before embarking on this one.

invisible officer
    Participant

Hmm, I feared I “need” the new models. But I have large fleets in 1/1200 and 1/300. So starting another scale???

Do I understand it right that there is just one plastic 74 hull that will get the national style by just adding a different Stern??? Even in 1/1200 makers do the other national differences, claiming 1/700 to offer more detail but doing such a ….. is throwing away a great chance.

I hope they will not do a one frigate hull for all nations model. With figure heads for RN built ones?????

On offer is a start range of some models in plastic, but the mass will be resin? The same that we see with Cruel sea. The MTB and S-Boot types it started with are great value for the price but the resin Räumboote and Fairmiles …. .

Well, I will give the rules a chance. May be they work well too with the scales I have.
    SOL battles in 1/300, the scale for true m.. . 😉

Lincolnlog
    Participant

I have quite a large 1/1000 scale fleet, from a different game. I intend to use them for Black Seas. I have reduced the wake markers, and the range is probably okay visually. We’ll have to see on that, but with Point Blank range being 3″, and the possibility of Entanglement being 1″ or less, well you see what I mean.

TheMatrix
    Participant

Great collection of models Invisible Officer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.