Charging though friendly units

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Charging though friendly units

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Prichard
    Participant

Can a unit charge through friendly units?  The rules indicate that you must be able to see the unit in order to charge but that the charge is only the last movement, so that a unit can move over a hill and once able to see use its last movement order to charge (or at least that is how I understand it).  How does it work if unit ordered to charge is behind other friendly units and does not have line of sight and does not have sufficient space to get a full movement in before charging?

This seems is particularly important if a player is able to disorder all the front line units with musket fire leaving only the back units (cavalry in particular) with the ability to charge.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Mark, I think I would interpret this one as that you have to get two orders to achieve the charge. One to get through the friendly troops and see your target, and then the second order for the unit to charge. This is on the basis of what the rules say about having to see the target, but that you may have a final move to contact being the actual charge.

Probably worth noting what is says on p38 about moving through friendly units and the risk of becoming disordered.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.