British National Characteristic Question

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action British National Characteristic Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Scholtz
    Participant

On page 18 of the Armies of Great Britain book the different National Characteristics a platoon may have are listed.  I have a question about the Up and at ’em characteristic and the Blood curdling charge characteristic.  Below is the pertinent text from the book my question pertains to.

Up and at ’em:  “If the army has this special rule then any order given to make an assault is automatically treated as having been passed – the unit is assumed to have rolled whatever order die score is needed to pass its order…”

Blood curdling charge:  “If the army has this special rule then enemy units cannot react to an assault by shooting at them…”

Question:  Do both of these special rules apply to infantry units assaulting armor (tanks)?

My reading of these two rules is yes, these two special rules do apply if an infantry section is assaulting armor.  If they are using Up and at ’em, no test is needed to be taken (including the Tank Fear test) by the section before assaulting.  If they are using Blood curdling charge, the defending unit (regardless if it is, infantry, artillery, or armor) cannot shoot at the assaulting section.  This special rule does not specifically exclude infantry assaults against armor, it just says “enemy units cannot react” and an enemy tank is an enemy unit.

I just wanted to clarify this with more experienced players.

Thanks,

Nat
    Participant

Up and at ’em It you dont have AT grenades.. its a mute point because you arent going to destroy the tank… if you do have AT grenades its a mute point as you dont take the tank fear test anyway…but you auto pass the order check if you have pins (however I would take the banzi charge faq entry as precednece and you only remove 1 pin even if you needed a double 1 to pass)

Blood Curdling Charge; as said in the FAQ, its treated like being within 6″ of the target… so units in ambush still get to fire, but apart from that yep the charged unit type is irrelavent to the rule.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Nat.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Nat.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.