British & Canadian Army Infantry (1943-45)

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action British & Canadian Army Infantry (1943-45)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got my pre-order of British & Canadian Army Infantry (1943-45).

Another fantastic product from warlord.

Do you intend to replace the British Commandos with newer models based on the new British & Canadian Army Infantry ?

Dr Dave
    Participant

Mine have arrived  – gorgeous.

Christoph Hintze
    Participant

Looking forward to my local game store getting them, here in the states.  I am on the list for one as soon as they do.

Kar98k
    Participant

How do they compare to the older plastic set?

Do the figures in this new box set look more beefier or slimmer than the original set? That is, will figures from the older plastic set and newer plastic set mix well together. Also, are the bits interchangeable between the two sets.

Dr Dave
    Participant

How do they compare to the older plastic set? I think that they are better. All of the SMLEs have their bayonets fixed – which is much more authentic.

Do the figures in this new box set look more beefier or slimmer than the original set: they are beefier, slightly but look and feel better for it in 6 basic poses then you added the arms / weapons, heads, helmet and kit.

Will figures from the older plastic set and newer plastic set mix well together: perhaps – but the new figs have the weapons moulded into their hands for a more natural looking grip. The light mortar is being fired – but could be done carried I think, but the PIAT is only carried.

Are the bits interchangeable between the two sets? Perhaps – but there is only one loose weapon (a sten) on the new sprue. Also, due to the weapons being moulded in the hands then the weapons might only be swappable from the new back to the old if the shoulders are the same width – this might be unlikely.

Overall I prefer the new figures by far.

Kar98k
    Participant

“…they are beefier”

Thanks Dave for the details. I was hoping they would be backwards compatible. That is, we would be able to use the arms from the older set with this newer set.

With the newer German and American plastic boxed sets, you can’t because if you do, you get something like Arnold Schwarzenegger bodies with skeleton arms.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes the new figures much beefier than the older figures and the newer plastic set is interchangeable with the older plastic set. I much prefer this newer set of figures.

I have used the 2″ mortar arms of the newer figures on the older figures. I have a spare box of the older figures with which I’ll put the tam o’shanter bonnet heads of the newer figures on the older figure bodies to form a Scottish platoon.

This is why I asked the question on the British Commandos. They are still based on the older figures and it would be great if the were upgraded to the newer figures.

Kar98k
    Participant

Yes, they are very nice figures, but some of us were hoping we would be able to use the arms from the older set with this new set. This way we would get a lot more arm options and choices to work with. However, looks like we can’t because if attempted, you get something like Arnold Schwarzenegger bodies with skeleton arms – looks funny.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My question has been answered.

British & Inter-Allied Commandos (pre-order)

Great stuff warlord.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.