BP Defiant FP?

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies BP Defiant FP?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fitzwalrus
    Participant

Have a question about the firepower rating on the Defiant.
    Historically, among its (numerous) failings was the lack of any forward-firing armament, and the fact the turret was blocked from firing forward by the pilot’s cockpit. Given that, I am a bit confused by the “0” FP rating (which allows the pilot to fire forward using only his Skill rating) and the 360 degree turret rating which allows the turret to add +2 FP (!!) into an arc it historically couldn’t cover.
    Wouldn’t a more accurate rating be “- FP” and “Turret FP+2 L, R, Rear”?

Bob D
    Participant

Hi

Yeah that is the way I play it too: no firepower at all in the forward arc

Cheers

—Bob

Renko
    Participant

Yes – FP should be (-) – the card was one of those that used the earlier method of indicating FP – however it should be able to fire with 2 dice into the front arc – the turret could fire above and forward, however it NEVER adds its PS

Bob D
    Participant

Given your point about being able to fire forward and high, maybe it should only be able to shoot at a plane in the forward arc that is at a higher level of advantage than the defiant…? A blanket fire forward does not seem right…

Renko
    Participant

I would say don’t over complicate it – 264 Sq did very well overall, probably due to good crew coordination and good tactics – who is to say they don’t just drop the nose to allow the shot at the last minute?

I’m pretty sanguine about the Defiant – not worth getting too worried about such a marginal problem.

Greg S
    Participant

There essentially were three ways to attack in a Defiant: flying along side like a Napoleonic ship, crossing the ‘T’, and getting underneath. The first two can be done in BRS, but getting underneath doesn’t really work. So any forward shooting, should probably be considered that form of attack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.