Band of Brothers painted para’s(feedback anyone?)

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Band of Brothers painted para’s(feedback anyone?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Glerum
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve just completed the airborne infantry completed in the Band of Brothers starter set and was hoping to get some feedback on them.
    I still need to give them proper bases, however as I’m currently at work overseas I can’t get to flock etc at the moment.
    The pictures attached are the squads assembled as instructed in the quickstartguide.
    I’ve tried to give them a somewhat grimy appearance, like they’ve just landed, missing their DZ by miles, and now have to clear out a squad of panzergrenadiers, after they’ve crawled through the bocage for half the night.

Basic colors were Vallejo dark green, us field drab, burnt umber and gunmetal gray. skintones were citadel tallarn flesh. The only wash was a flesh wash(such alliteration) for the skin.
    All colors were in between were basically mixes and blends with either white or black
    No decals yet; i’ve yet to order some(after I figure out who I want them to be.)

So, I’m curious what you think. As this was my first Bolt Action paint job, I’m still figuring out which way to go with it.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Nettle
    Participant

They look perfect for Market Garden, but too green for Overlord.  But I guess that is what you were going for?

David Glerum
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply,
    Well frankly I intended to paint them as Overlord para’s, as a reference I used stills from the series Band of Brothers during Normandy/Carentan episodes.
    However with your remark, I took a real hard look and have to agree with you.
    thanks again for your feedback!

Anonymous
    Inactive

dear David,

you have done a very good job, I like your paras very well, when you will have finished the bases, they will even look better,

I think your painting style is realy good , it is nearly impossible to paint your army absolutely correct for every period or a single battle,

your men are ready – they will rock every battle, go on !!

yours Thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.