Assualting with Squad Based Weapons (LMG/MMG)

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Assualting with Squad Based Weapons (LMG/MMG)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

Might have been discussed before so sorry if a repost.

When in assualt, Rifles get 1 dice to hit, SMG’s get 2 dice to hit. How many dice do squad based weapons get (LMG/MMG)

Thanks

Gerry Brawley
    Participant

All weapons get 1 dice each in assault in v2. Assault weapons now get a reroll if they make a successful kill with the first dice, two dice for assault weapons was version 1.

Richard
    Participant

Thank you so much Gerry, I saw what you stated in the version 2 book but got confused because I watched a version 2 vid on YouTube and they were playing the assualt rule from version 1 and I was trying to find it in the version 2 book but kept coming across only the rule you have stated so was so confused. They obviously were playing it incorrectly. Thanks so much

Kar98k
    Participant

You said, “When in assualt[sic], Rifles get 1 dice to hit, SMG’s get 2 dice to hit“, but one detail about Close Quarters that needs to be pointed out. Against infantry and artillery units, all hits are automatic. The players are rolling to damage only.

Be careful what you watch on YouTube. I’ve seen some good videos of Bolt Action games, but a lot of times players make mistakes or forget rules.

Richard
    Participant

Thanks Kar98k, I did mean to put damage, my mistake. I am very new to the game and just trying to get my head around the infantry first while I build my board. Many thanks for the post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.