Armylist building

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Armylist building

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RyanR
    Participant

Hello,

I have a question that is probably stupid, but I have never been able to find a definite answer to it, neither googling nor searching this forum or the rulebooks.

When I build  a platoon, do all the squads in the platoon have to be the same type or can I for example build a british army platoon and include one squad of paras?

Cheers

Ryan

Greg S
    Participant

The answer is yes you can.  The default army selector allows you to select any squad from your chosen nation’s options.

But generally not in specific campaign selectors.  For example if you were playing the Market Garden campaign you would only have Paras.  If you wanted to recreate elements of a specific unit or a specific battle then you would stick to similar squads.

That said in my early games I mixed and matched British army with Paras because I didn’t have enough minis.  Now I have Paras, late war army, and 14th Army and the three never mix.

RyanR
    Participant

Thanks.

With the Theatre Selector Market Garden is clearly limited. My question would in that case rather apply to e.g. Monte Cassino which seems to allow lets say having 4 sections of regular infantry and 1 Ghurka. I just noticed that the question is less obvious with the British forces than with the Germans which usually have 3-4 possible squad options in the selectors.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.