Action cards/deck

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Action cards/deck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Hey all, im new to BRS and even though ive owned the box since release ive hardy touched the game much. Until now that is 🙂

I think I have a good grasp of the game and rules but im a bit puzzled over the action deck/cards.
    I understand how an action deck is built, and how its used but what I dont understand is why the cards dont all have the same backside since they are to form a face down deck and drawed from at random?

Or have I misunderstood how the action deck functions?

Im asking because im about to order some sleeves etc and wonder if it would be a good idea to find some opaque backed sleeves for the mini euro cards?

Renko
    Participant

It is deliberate, but I dont think it is the strongest mechanic out there. Now Airstrike is available the “Open Play” option will probably take over anyway making the deck side of the game less of an issue

Mike
    Participant

One of our group is really locked up on this subject. Makes me wonder about someone who can’t close their eyes and shuffle a deck, then draw 3 cards. 🙂

Bill Seaman
    Participant

I have a basic question about the action deck(s).  The rules say one action deck per player – but – I’m assuming that means one action deck per side even in a multi-player game; eg., two players per side.

For example, what happens if the German side has two squadrons: one of 6 Me109s and one of 6 Fw-190s with each of the German players controlling one squadron?  I assume there would be a single deck consisting of 12 trait cards, 2 doctrine cards and 2 theatres cards.  Correct?

If so, would the German side draw from one hand? Or two hands, with each player having a hand?

Renko
    Participant

No – each player has an action deck –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.