A6M2, B5N, F4F, TBD

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies A6M2, B5N, F4F, TBD

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Babek
    Participant

Hello,
    I just recently started with Blood Red Skies.

Here some models I just finished:

A6M2 Zero

B5N Kate

F4F Wildcat

TBD Devestator

While I am quite happy with the japanese planes I fear that I selected a wrong colour for the US planes. So I will replace them in future with new models.

A great compliment to Warlord games for the japanese decals – they were great for the A6M2 Zeros !

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Babek.
    Koin-Koin

Nice paint job on all of them.
    What colour did you use for the Zeros, not sure if you went metallic or not.

Babek
    Participant

Thank you.

For the A6M Zeros I used acryl color from Valleyo (Sky Grey).

Renko
    Participant

Very nice. How much work was getting the torp off the Kates? I picked up a box yesterday at the Open Day but am dreading that amount of surgery.

Here are my 3d printed Vals

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Renko.
    Attachments:
    Babek
    Participant

Great pictures of the Aichi Vals – really great painted.

For the B5N I used a jigsaw to cut the torpedo off the plane. This worked quite well.

I knew that by this process material would be lost – so to keep the plane save the torpedos got damaged by the process. So I had to repair the damaged torpedos.
    Also, although they were attached historicly assymetric on the plane the torpedos are crossing the contact point of the flight-base. So I first attached the attachment-shells in the plane. Then I cut the torpedo in 2 pieces and put them in front and on the back of the attachment point.
    After this I put some filling elements so when someone looks at the torpedo from the side – there is no interruption in the lines. (I sincerely hope that this English is understandable 🙂 Sorry if not ).

Modified torpedo and attachment for the flightbase (B5N)

Renko
    Participant

That’s most helpful – yes I appreciate the asymmetrical torpedo is non historical – and I think looks a bit strange, which is why I’m going to get rid asap

Cheers

Babek
    Participant

The B5N has an asymmetrical positioning of the torpedo (and also of the bombs) but not as extreme as shown in the BRS-miniature.
    The BRS-miniature is excellent, regarding its details – with the exception of the torpedo which even cross the landing gear!

Here a good picture of the historical positioning.
    B5N torpedo Position

The “head” of the torpedo is also more ahead than on the BRS model.

Best regards

Babek

Babek
    Participant

Some further 1/200 models (3D prints and planes from Wings of Glory) which I will use for Blood red Skies:

Ki-21 Sally

Ki-43

Ki-84 Hayate

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Babek.
    Koin-Koin

Nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.