7 years War in 15mm

Home Forums Historical Black Powder 7 years War in 15mm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ean Paul Simcox
    Participant

hello I am new to the forum. Does anybody play 7YW in 15mm scale? If so what base sizes do you use. I have a box of old 15mm French (European theatre) figures that I unearthed in my garage. I think they are Friekorps, lots of infantry, a fair amount of cavalry but no artillery. Is Warlord producing a 7YW supplement?

invisible officer
    Participant

I do SYW in 15 mm but use single basing. So I can use many different rule Systems.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Very nice collection IO!

Welcome Ean. Always great to find ‘treasure’ like that :-). There is a rumour that a 7YW supplement is on the way, but no timeline released.

There is an earlier tricorne supplement (Last Argument of Kings) and an AWI supplement (Rebellion!). I’m not an expert on this era but perhaps you could use a Friekorps figure for other part of the Tricorne era?

Ean Paul Simcox
    Participant

I think my eyesight is gone enough that I would not be able to tell the figs had the wrong pattern of lace on the turnbacks or the wrong number of buttons so the figs could be used over a wider period than intended,

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Just had a flick through my ‘Last Argument of Kings’ again and it covers 1700 up to the end of the Seven Year’s War, so it is giving you a high level view of that whole period. Perhaps if you are not focused on one particular period yet then you could try this? When (if?) the Seven Year’s War supplement comes out you could delve more deeply in to this particular part of the period.

invisible officer
    Participant

Hmm, even with a not perfect eyesight some differences are obvious. Like British Grenadiers changing from SYW mitre cap to bearskin. 😉

And the tactical chages…….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.