2nd, 4th and 6th rate models?

Home Forums Historical Black Seas 2nd, 4th and 6th rate models?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob D
    Participant

Hi Warlord

are you planning on releasing separate plastic models for 2nd, 4th and 6th rate ships?

What about some Indiamen, merchantmen, whalers? It seems a shame (and for me a likely modelling disaster!) to have to hack the guns off valuable fighting ships to create them.

Lastly, are there models planned for the smaller vessels (xebec, sloop, galley, turuma, etc.)? It would be cool to play in the Med and the Baltic, and the North American lakes.

Cheers

–Bob

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Bob D.
    invisible officer
    Participant

With the high cost of moulds for plastic models I doubt that you will see many more types.

I assume many resin ones.
    ——

Just to “hack off” the guns of a frigate gives you a frigate en flute, no merchantman. And a War Brig will not make a whaler or merchant Brig.

The hull shape was very different, only certain novels and movies make Frenchmen too blind to notice. 😉

Bob D
    Participant

LOL yes quite 🙂 But it may have to suffice if there are not to be any dedicated models.

It would be nice to know though: do WL monitor their own forum?

Gary Griess
    Participant

for the smaller ships that have not been produced  Try Haggen minature  located in Switzerland  they have correct scale models cast metal very accurate and average cost is 7 Euro each.

Nat
    Participant

well in the 9 months since the question was asked…

merchentmen, schooners & cutters (sloops) have been released so who knows what else is comming!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.