Join the defenders at the Rorke’s Drift redoubt as the might of the Zulu nations descend on your position!
Two favourite Battle Sets return with new miniature sculpts, for tones of Black Powder action!
Rorke’s Drift Box Set 2019
At the heart of the Rorke’s Drift set are the two main buildings – the storehouse and the hospital. These 4Ground laser-cut MDF buildings are capped off with laser-cut ‘teddy bear fur’ which acts as thatch for the roof.
The roof and upper floors lift out giving you total access to the building interiors. As you would expect from 4Ground the interiors come fully realised, they even have wall sections that pop out to simulate firing positions or broken down walls, etc.
Also included are several finely sculpted resin barricades. These are a mixture of biscuit boxes and mealie-bags, we’ve drawn on eye-witness accounts and expert opinion to ensure we bring you a historically accurate rendition of the battlefield.
A focal point of the defence were the barricaded wagons and we include this in the set also. The final resin components provide you with the stone wall Kraal.
We’ve drawn on some of the most noted experts in the world in researching this set and what you have in the box is the definitive Rorke’s Drift terrain.
The 2019 Miniatures
Of course, you’ll need miniatures to fight over this amazing terrain and we include 20 of our superbly detailed plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry and 40 of our plastic multi-pose Married Zulu figures.
The British are led by four, freshly sculpted for 2019, historical representations of the legendary Chard, Bromhead, Bourne and Hook. Their Zulu counterparts are led by a mounted InDuna and a Witch Doctor!
The box contains:
- Historical British Victoria Cross winners: Lieutenant Chard (Royal Engineers), Lieutenant Bromhead (24th Foot), Colour Sergeant Bourne (24th Foot) and Private Henry Hook (24th Foot).
- Metal mounted Zulu InDuna
- Metal Zulu Witch Doctor
- Metal British and Zulu casualties
- Laser-cut wooden Hospital building with ‘teddy bear fur’ thatch.
- Laser-cut wooden Storehouse building with ‘teddy bear fur’ thatch.
- Resin Wagon Barricade
- Resin stone wall Kraal (4 x 6″ sections)
- Resin biscuit box barricades (2 x 6″ sections)
- Resin biscuit box/mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6″ sections)
- Resin mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6″ sections)
- 20 plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry
- 40 plastic multi-pose Married Zulus.
You can get your hands on the boxed set via our webstore, on our stand at Shows or in your local gaming store.
The Horns of the Buffalo is only available directly from us on the webstore
or by phone on +44 (0) 115 978 0386.
Horns of the Buffalo: Rorke’s Drift Collector’s Edition
The ultimate Rorke’s Drift wargames experience is the Horns of the Buffalo collector’s edition. When you pry open this fantastic box you’ll find that in addition to the contents of the Rorke’s Drift! battle box you’ll get stacks more goodies such as cattle, a cookhouse, tents, mealy bag redoubt, and loads loads more!
Horns of the Buffalo is only available directly from us here at Warlord Games and contains:
- 5 extra resin mealie-bag barricades
- 1 extra resin biscuit box barricade
- 4 extra biscuit box/mealie-bag barricades
- 1 extra resin wagon barricade
- 2 extra lengths of resin walls
- Resin, broken down walls (6 x 6″ sections)
- Resin, mealie-bag redoubt (2 x 3″ x 6″ sections making a 6″ square redoubt)
- Engineers wagon
- Water cart
- 6 plastic fences (3″ sections)
- 4 x plastic bell tents
- Resin Cookhouse
- 6 metal African cattle
- 3 x resin ovens
- Resin Water Closet
- 1 x metal dead horse
- 1 x dog (Jack the Terrier)
Plus 4 new characters and 3 new Zulu’s!
- Chaplain Smith
- Chaplain Smith’s servant
- Corporal Schiese
- Surgeon Reynolds and patient
- Zulu ‘sniper’
- 2x Zulu InDunas