The glorious tones of the pipes can be heard as the new Highlanders Regiment march to war fully prepared to beat Napoleons forces back to France.
This box contains:
- 20 metal British Highlander Line Infantry.
- 4 metal command miniatures: officer, piper and two ensigns with wire flagpoles and finials.
- Background guide including six full-colour flags.
The Highlanders were good soldiers, showing great discipline and hardiness on the march. The Scots proved themselves time and again as doughty fighters – as adept with the Brown Bess musket as with their fearsome use of the bayonet in hand-to-hand fighting.
The Highland regiments considered themselves a cut above other county regiments and their distinctive plumed bonnets and swinging kilts marked them out to an enemy as a unit to be avoided if at all possible. The skirl of the bagpipes could carry a long way over the battlefield, encouraging these fearsome warriors, and demoralising their foes.
They were reputed to have run alongside the famous Scots Greys cavalry charge at Waterloo, clinging to tails and stirrups to carry themselves into the enemy faster – Scotland forever!
No wargames army of the period is complete without a brigade of these remarkable troops. Black Powder players will appreciate their firing and melee skills, whilst their opponent will groan with despair when the ‘ladies from hell’ march towards them, sporrans swinging, colours flying and pipes skirling.
Check out all of these bundles!
If one Scotsman is a big enough threat, imagine what happens when 40 of them charge into your enemy!
This bundle contains two Highlanders Regiments, giving you a total of:
- 40 metal British Highlander Line Infantry.
- 8 metal command miniatures: 2 officers, 2 pipers and four ensigns with wire flagpoles and finials.
- Background guides including six full-colour flags.
Some of you eagle eyed historians may have noticed the Scott’s Grey’s in the picture above. These are made from the Union Brigade Cavalry box which will allow you to make the correct 4th unit for the 1st division, the King’s Dragoon Guards. We were just excited to release these and couldn’t wait for the studio to paint them!
1st & 2nd Heavy Cavalry Divisions Waterloo
This bundle contains 3 boxes of Household Brigades, 4 boxes of Union Brigade, and a blister of a British Royal Horse Artillery 9-pdr for FREE giving you a total of:
- 36 plastic British Household Brigade heavy cavalry.
- 3 metal officer miniatures.
- 3 Metal bugler arm.
- Background leaflet.
- 48 plastic British Union Brigade heavy cavalry.
- 8 metal command miniatures (officer and trumpeter).
- Includes options for bearskin, oilskin-covered bearskin, Grecian helmet, oilskin-covered Grecian helmet, bicorne, and watering cap.
- Background leaflet.
- British Artillery Piece.
- 3 metal Cannon crew and 1 metal Artillery Officer.
That’s a total of nearly 100 models and a war machine, with plenty of extras!
Check out more of the Napoleonic range!