What books for Home Guard British?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action What books for Home Guard British?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Uther
    Participant

I’m considering getting into Bolt Action, I’ve got the Dad’s Army platoon underway and I think I’d like to build a Home Guard army.  If I were to do that what books would I need?  I can see three books (British Army book, Operation Sealion and Operation Gigant) that seem so have some of the units.  So I need to get all three?  Are the units in the two “Operation” books usable in “normal” (whatever that may mean) Bolt Action games or are they only available for the campaigns those books detail?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christoph Hintze
    Participant

Those are the ones you need.  In particular, “Operation Sealion” and “Operation Gigant”.  Get these and enjoy, they also seem to be a fun read.

Uther
    Participant

Thank you.

GeneralJimbo81
    Participant

Yes those are the books. Sealion in paticular. Gigant has some really interesting units too though. Unfortunately the units in both books cant be used in Generic platoons. There is however more Generic Home guard option in the “Armies of great Britain” book.

Uther
    Participant

Unfortunately the units in both books cant be used in Generic platoons.

I’m totally new to Bolt Action, I don’t yet have the rules having just looked at some quirky home guard era models and considering getting into the game.

What does that statement mean?  Is the only way to play those units to play in a Gigant or Sealion “campaign”?  That you can’t play them in regular Bolt Action meet up games?

Some of this, I guess, will depend on the “culture” of my local gaming groups and I’ll be talking to the Bolt Action players about this.  But is there some hard rule thing that would stop me using them?

Thanks so much for your time and your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.