Waterloo Starter Kit

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Waterloo Starter Kit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamie
    Participant

Hi all,

I have just recently bought the Waterloo Starter kit second addition and was wondering if anyone had any painting guides for this or where I can get some?

The kit consists of:

British Line Infantry (Covered Shakos)

French Line Infantry (In great coats)

Chausser a Cheval

Royal Artillery cannon

French and British foot commanders

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Jamie.
    Nat
    Participant

A rather generic idea ..would be… all of the men would be european flesh colour

British line Infantry – black shakos, dark red tunics with (colour -dependant on regiment, a number of regiments had yellow and is a nice contrast to the red coat ) facings, white /grey trousers, white straps with light brown packs and ammo case on the belt, black shoes and waiste belt, grey roll on top of the packs

French Line Infantry – black shakos /grey covers, grey great coats, white/grey trousers or brown (mix it up..), white straps with light brown packs and ammo case on the belt, black shoes and waiste belt,

Chasser a cheval – black head-dress, green tunics and trousers with a yellow or red piping

royal Artillery crew – black head-dress (*black crests) with white plumes, dark blue/black tunics with yellow/gold lace, grey trousers

commanders – as infantry (dark/navy blue tunic for the frenchmen)

guns – wood & dull metal grey

for more detailed approach google with which colour palatee you have (ie  army painter, warlord paint set etc)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Nat.
    Jamie
    Participant

Hi Nat,

Thank you for this, I spoke to someone on Facebook and they sent me a link to a website that had the full Waterloo order of battle with uniform guides for each regiment.

Jamie

Nat
    Participant

ooh do share!

Jamie
    Participant

http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/

i don’t speak French, but if you clip on units and the national flag you want on the screen after that and select say Infantry de ligne it will give you a list. Click the unit you want and the uniforms. Example attached.

Anthony Miles
    Participant

This website in french has a lot of good uniform information http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.