Waterloo French Cavalry brigade – composition

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Waterloo French Cavalry brigade – composition

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Bit confused about the composition of a French cavalry brigade from both the BP Epic book and the 100 days campaign.

It says all regiments in the brigade must be of the same class – medium or light.

It then goes on to say at least half of the regiments in the brigade must be light.

So how do I take a regiment (or whole brigade) of Dragoons?

Nat
    Participant

Ok I dont have the Epic book… but in Albion Triuphant 2 cavalry brigades can be either Dragoons or light cavalry (Hussars, lancer or Chasseurs) and no more that 50% of all cavalry in the Divison can be Dragoons.  The List allows you to take 2 light cavalry brigades.  So in essence its saying that one MUST be light and the other can be either.

So I’d take the limit that at least half must be light to be Divsion not brigade level…. the same as Albion Triuphant.

Dr Dave
    Participant

I’d assume that the rules as written are trying to allow players to field variety over totally authentic lists? In reality the II Reserve cavalry Corps was composed entirely of Dragoon regiments (8 of them). Similarly the IV RCC was all Cuirassier.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.