Wars of Religion Regiment Figure Basing

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Wars of Religion Regiment Figure Basing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Stanoch
    Participant

I just completed painting my first infantry regiment for the French Wars of Religion. However I am at a loss as to how the figures should be based. I am using 40mmx40mm bases. The problem is that some of the figures’ pikes get in the way. Any suggestions?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Mark, are you referring to the Warlord Games, Wars of Religion box set? I’ve not used this set, but in common with most pike figures at charge or port you probably need to stagger the figures to get them to fit.

I uploaded a quick pick of some of my work-in-progress TYW pike as an example. This is a 40mm x 40mm base.

Attachments:
    Mark Stanoch
    Participant

Yes, I am referring to the WG boxed set. The figures are gorgeous but difficult to base!

Corso
    Participant

You could go for a wider base to make the models fit properly, maybe 80x40mm ie the same space as 2 40x40mm bases next to each other? With a wider frontage you could place the pikemen better.

Hope this helps!

Mark Stanoch
    Participant

Here is the configuration I finally came up with..French Wars of Religion

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Well done for sorting it out. That’s a very nice looking unit.

Mark Stanoch
    Participant

Thanks to you both for your suggestions and kind remarks. My only problem now is getting other figures to match. These Arsenal figures appear to be closer to “True 25mm” so they will not match well with 28mm figures. Have you tried the other figures in the Wars of Religion range? Are the mounted Gendarmes the same scale as the foot?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Sorry Mark, not seen them together to be able to give a view on comparative sizes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.