Warlord resin for future BRS models?

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Warlord resin for future BRS models?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Koin-Koin

As it seems that plastic for BRS is not an option anymore whatever the reason is (local vs china production, cost, versatility …) do you think that the new warlord resin would be a good choice?

My preference for plastic against metal come from:
    – less weight, no large base nor weighted base required
    – pegs fit properly in model and don’t need adjustment (I use milliput for metal models)

Any reason why it would be a bad idea ?

Richard Coates
    Participant

I think on paper Warlord Resin would be ideal for Blood Red Skies. I believe that the original Boulton Paul Defiants were resin (not Warlord Resin), and they seemed to work out okay. Ultimately, we’ll have to see but it’s a definite possibility.

Koin-Koin

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I confirm that the Boulton Paul Defiant was made of resin. I didn’t painted it by the way nor check how the peg fits in it.

One other reason that makes me prefer the first wave’s plastic is the deeper recess they have. It provides pin washing ability and the canopies are much easier to paint (gosh I hate painting canopies).

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Here come the good news: All the existing metal models will come out sooner or later in the new resin material, as will future planes!

At 5′
    Excellent!

Is there already a decision on what the first resin BRS product will be and when to expect it roughly?

Koin-Koin

Thanks for sharing it with the time code.
    I had words of this but nothing that official so far.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

There was also a BRS session with Andy Chambers. Perhaps anybody here was there and can give some insights?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.