Version 2 and special rules for A Clash of Eagles

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Version 2 and special rules for A Clash of Eagles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    arcole
    Participant

I have just received my copy of V2. There are things in the “A Clash of Eagles” book that are not mention in V2. For instance the Austrian commanders have limites placed on their ability to issue brigade orders, and there are a number of unit special rules (Poor Mixed Formation, Flintenkartasche, Rifled Musket and Carbine etc). As I intend to bease the army around 1813/14 would these no longer apply, or would it remain consistante thrugh to the end of the war?

Regards

A.

Garry Wills
    Participant

The 2nd edition ruleset couldn’t possibly accommodate the scenario books, but by and large there is good consistency with BP2, but you need to check  each specific rule that you select. For example the rules for Generals were modified in BP2 but you still have the option to go with the BP1 option in order to fit with CofE for example.  An example of CofE rules becoming redundant is the ‘poor skirmisher’ rule which removes the skirmish fire +1 that is no longer in BP2. This also applies to ‘poor mixed formation’ from your list.

arcole
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

arcole
    Participant

What about the Carbine/rifle that CofE gives to teh Austrian Jagers. I could use either Carbine or Rifle for detached small units, but how would you treat a full battalion?

Regards

A.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.