VaS Rules release

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea VaS Rules release

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

Wargames Illustrated September issue will have a FREE copy of the Victory at Sea rules.  The same book as is in the two player box.

Source the WI Prime unpacking of Victory at Sea video on YouTube

Nat
    Participant

Ok it was the August copy, which has already shipped and is available to buy.

Sean Schoonmaker
    Participant

I was just wondering when the full rulebook (as opposed to the starter book) might be making an appearance?

I get that it’s likely delayed – along with most other things – by COVID, but any update on possible timing?

Nat
    Participant

Nothing has been said yet …..as there are pre order stuff up for Oct my personal guess is an Xmas release

Dale
    Participant

Are they also going to release the ship cards?

Nat
    Participant

What I’ve heard is that the release will be 3 books

1, The rules

2, Scenarios

3, Ship stats

So whilst they wont release the cards on their own you will be able to get the stats without buying the ships and make up your own cards (which in fairness I think I might end up doing some as I’m not a great fan of way Cruel Seas /Victory at Sea/ Black Sea tracks damage

Dale
    Participant

Keep me posted.  I know I would appreciate seeing your layout if you would not mind sharing.

Eumerin
    Participant

According to the Facebook page in early August, release for the starter boxes was supposed to be the end of August, and possibly even sooner.

However, it’s now the 21st, and there still hasn’t been an announcement of the release date.

Nat
    Participant

The release date is next Saturday (29th) and has been known for at least a month…there has been a count down timer on the 2 player box for at least 3 weeks…

people who live in the midlands are able to arrange collection from WL as of Monday so the game is ‘in the wild’ next week

Dale
    Participant

Does anyone know how close this will be to the original Mongoose Publishing game?  I have all those rules.

Nat
    Participant

Do you have the mongoose v2.  beta?

At the moment we only have the 2 player QuickStart rules but they are very close to the v2 beta with minor changes (such as crit hit location being decided by a D10 not 2D6)

i have a copy of the old mongoose v1 but I’ve not gone through and compared them

Eumerin
    Participant

The release date is next Saturday (29th) and has been known for at least a month…there has been a count down timer on the 2 player box for at least 3 weeks…

Interesting.  It would have been nice if Warlord had published that somewhere else – say, on their Facebook page, or one of the articles on the website that the Facebook page has been linking to.  People who’ve already pre-ordered aren’t likely to visit the pre-order page for the product since there’s no reason to do so unless they want to double-check the amount of refund they’ll get for returning the product.

In any event, it’s good to have something beyond a vague “end of August, or maybe sooner”.

And its also good to see that the next ship released is an Iowa-class for the US.  The US will finally have a modern battleship.

Eumerin
    Participant

Just got e-mailed a shipping notification a few hours ago.  Looks like I should have it within a couple of weeks!

Bill McGill
    Participant

My pre-order arrived today, right on release date

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.