Unusual Situation regarding terrain.

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Unusual Situation regarding terrain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MIchael Wain
    Participant

We were having only our 3rd game of Cruel Seas at our club last week, when something happened in game, which we couldn’t work out the results of.

A Vosper took a crew critical kit and it’s next move (at combat speed) took it onto a beach right at the board edge. Now obviously, if the beach wasn’t there, the boat would have to at least move at slow speed and it would have been off the board and out of the game.

We would like to know how this situation should have been resolved. My opponent was trying to say he would simply reverse off the beach but I don’t think that’s possible if you were moving at combat speed in the previous turn.

thanks…..

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by MIchael Wain.
    invisible officer
    Participant

“Simply reverse of the beach” :-0

I guess he never steered a 45 ton vessel. You are absolutely right.
    With a lot of luck you do not break your boats back by running full speed on the beach but you will stuck. Rudder and propeller will hardly survive.

And you hit the nail, without the beach it would be out of board and game. But survive.

But here? It’s not pool billiard. 😉

I would claim the boat a total constructive loss.

MIchael Wain
    Participant

Thanks.

The other thing I thought was to play it like a sandbank. Make them take a skill test and if they pass they can move but they would have to move slow, so they’d be off or if they pass they’d be stuck where they were for the rest of the game, which would have essentially put them out of the game, as everything has moved on.

thanks…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.