Unit sizes for Colonials

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Unit sizes for Colonials

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donald
    Participant

I’ve been using the ‘Hail Caesar’ rules for some time. They’re very good IMO.

I decided to buy the ‘Black Powder’ rules & possibly expand the ‘family’ across more eras of our gaming.

We do the Sudan & AZW. The rules we use are a heavily amended TMWWBK’s set.  Our basing is for individual figures on movement trays & we don’t want to radically re-organise this.

Essentially, we have British etc infantry in units of 12 figures (2 rows) on rectangular trays @ 14cms wide. native infantry are in units of 20 figures, on an irregular tray @ 170cms wide.

All other unit types are commensurate with this.

I can’t see why I couldn’t declare the native units to be Large & the British Standard?

Clearly, at some time soon I should run a trial game but I thought I’d ask here if I’m completely off the rails.

donald

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Donald.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Donald.
    Attachments:
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

That should work fine, Donald 👍.

Donald
    Participant

Thanks. I imagine a skirmish unit would then be 6 figures.

And, in melee, if everything lines up, you should be able to get two Standard units hitting a Large unit.

I’ll run a solo game to iron things out, then invite a few of my more patient pals for a few games before “releasing it to the general public.”

donald

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.