Unboxing the IJN fleet

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Unboxing the IJN fleet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Babek
    Participant

Hello + greetings from Germany 🙂

I had preordered the IJN-fleet via Fantasywelten/Germany and received the box yesterday.

The ship models are very detailed – i love the fine details of the aircraft carrier smoke-pipes. One minor critic point regarding the ships: It would be great if the decks would have details regarding the wooden covering ( I hope this is the correct english word). Actually the flight deck is one smooth area. Also deck decals are maybe a useful idea.

Also I would have preferred if the ship hulls and the bases would have been 2 seperate parts, because I fear painting errors on the contact area between the hull and the sea.

The ship-cards are very informative and useful.

The only point where I was disappointed are the Zero-fighter-planes.

The whole flight-base+fighters come in 3 parts of quite soft plastic and contain a rotating element on the base. The 4 tiny planes are on a quite large upper base. The whole construction look like a radiator maskot 😉

We actually play the old VaS in sale 1/3000 with 1/600 planes. I attached some pictures showing the 1/600 planes. They are based on 25mm bases and you can identify the different types easily because of the larger scale. They also fit within the 25mm-diameter so they are easy to pushed from one point to another in a tabletop game.

But as I mentioned the ships are really great and I will now start to build my japanese 1/1800 fleet.

I also hope that in future additional japanese ships will be added ( I always liked the hybrid ships – half battleship, half seaplane carrier like the Ise) .

PS: I added also a foto of Fujimi 1/3000 carriers (Akagi and Kaga) showing the deck decals which spare you to paint all these fine white and red lines 🙂 Maybe these could be added in future also for the 1/1800 carriers ?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Babek.
    Greg S
    Participant

They are very nicely painted carriers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.