Tournament 3rd February York UK

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Tournament 3rd February York UK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Renko
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I will be running a BRS tournament at York Wargames “Vapnartak” show on Sunday 3rd February. Format will be a 3 match 500 points – details to follow. Warlord are providing support (ie prizes!)

Vappa is a great show with plenty of traders and demo games and well worth a visit anyway.

Need to know if anyone is interested so I can give the organisers numbers

Cheers

Mark Barker
    Participant

Ken,

Being based on the South Coast it is a hell of a haul but a show I’ve always fancied attending. That and York being gorgeous of course …

How much time will players get to look round the show itself, would be a shame to come all that way and then be stuck in a side room all day !

Cheers,

Mark Barker

Renko
    Participant

The plan is for a 3 round tournament with 1 hour rounds starting as close to 10am as we can manage. That should allow 2 in the morning session and then a good hour and a half or more for lunch and a look at the traders, with a relaxed 3rd round followed by that inevitable last shopping opportunity

Martin E.
    Participant

I would also like to organize a tournament in my country (switzerland) incl official price support. Can you tell me how to get the support? 🙂

Mark Barker
    Participant

Accomodation sorted for the Saturday night so will be there.

Painted planes (starter set, hopefully time for more over Christmas) and my fresh-from-Warfare Deep Cut Map (4’x4′) at your disposal if this would help.

Mark Barker

Mark Barker
    Participant

Have you got enough takers for your Tournament ?

Renko
    Participant

Right Ladies and Gents. Due to some crossed wires I’ve been waiting for some info on the tournament I’m supposed too be organising at the York Vapnartak show on Sunday 3rd February. It seems like they’ve been waiting for me to send them something too – facepalm. So we have a week to do the “stuff” and get our entries in, if you have not already done so. OK now I here you ask, “why should I take part?” Well apart from my organisational FUBAR the show is excellent, and is being held at the Knavemire Racecourse in York. Vappa is a superb show, with lots of historical and other traders and demo games, and a vibrant competition area as well. The Blood Red Skies Tournament costs £7 to enter, which gets you in to the convention too. I’m aware that there is nothing more frustrating than getting to a convention then spending your whole day locked away from all the shiny toys, slowly starving, so the BRS tournament will only run for three one hour rounds and is planned to get completed around lunchtime, leaving you ample time for a) lunch and b) checking out all the cool demo and trade stands and c) shopping. The competition itself is going firmly on the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) principle, with three rounds of 500 point “Dogfight” Scenario. One squadron each, free choice of Theatre & Doctrine cards except no numbers or Home Advantage, points amended as per the Official FAQ \ Errata . Registration from 9:00am, first game starts 9:30am. I’ll get a more detailed pack out asap. Joining instructions – It looks like this year the payments have to go through the TO so if you are interested you need to paypal me the £7 to ken.natt@ntlworld.com along with your name NO LATER THAN MONDAY 14th JANUARY. Get your name down, send me the ££ and I will endeavour not to cock up further . Warlord will be providing prize support! Come on everyone, get your name down and save me from a red face………….cheers

Mark Barker
    Participant

Ken,

Thanks for setting this up, contact details and Paypal payment sent to your e-mail account as requested.

Cheers,

Mark Barker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.