Torpedo actions

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Torpedo actions

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JP Cavanna
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a question about torpedo ‘actions’ following launch. Today, whilst playing scenario 2 (sink the tanker) my Vosper launched two torpedoes at the tanker at the end of its move phase. The next turn saw the German S100 unleash its full complement of guns at the Vosper, and it sank (it had taken some hits in the previous turn). What are your thoughts on the actions of these torpedos? My take is that they are launched and therefore, regardless of whether the launch vessel is still afloat, or not, their movement and any subsequent impact should be resolved? Does this make sense?

Thanks for reading – have to say this is such an accessible game – loving the peace and ease of getting into it! Congrats to the whole team.

invisible officer
    Participant

I see nothing in the rules that indicate any relation between MTB and Torpedo post launching.

There was no in real world too.

Dr Dave
    Participant

The torpedoes should carry on. How would they not?

William Sheil
    Participant

P26 Orphaned Torpedoes.

If the firing ship ship is destroyed the torpedoes are moved at the start of each round (before activations).

RichC

Hi JP, As William has mentioned, orphaned Torpedoes have their own phase.
    Now, if I understand correctly in this example, your ship is destroyed before it has been activated (The torpedoes would still move this turn, they won’t ‘miss a go’ just because their ship is no longer there to activate).

If this is the case then you’ll remove its chit/dice from the bag. The Torpedoes, therefore, move immediately as they would have done had you activated the ship yourself this turn.

Hope that helps 🙂

JP Cavanna
    Participant

Certainly does, Richard, many thanks and thanks for all the other replies to my post. Currently getting to grips with BRS as well, which is a fabulous game too.

Happy New Year to all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.