To Kill a King Errata

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte To Kill a King Errata

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

Are there any? If so, where?

P49, for example, Horse->Cavalry->1644 (2nd) has an upgrade to Hth 8, but the cavalry are already 8…

Any enlightenment?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Tim, a good spot! I don’t believe there is an errata for TKAK.

In this case I think the error is the standard stat. line should have H-t-H value of 7. This is representing the Northern Horse being a bit sub par at the start of the war, but that some units improved later in the war, so you can upgrade them to the normal 8. (This is similar to the Cornish army on page 44, where the Local Horse are 7 H-t-H to start with, but some can be upgraded.)

Hope this helps?

Are you thinking of getting a Northern Royalist force? The white coated infantry look quite striking, I think.

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

Cheers!

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

Hmmm, it’s not just that. Given they lack pistols, they should be 38 points, too.  So the stat line should be H2H “7” and Points “38” as the upgrade is to have pistols @ 1pt for 39 (the poinst cost upgrade for pistols is wrong, too).

And, yes, I have a Northern army, but I’m just extending it with another couple of units.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Tim Bancroft.
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Tim – I think you are right. Using the example in the P&S rule book, ‘vanilla’ horse would be 41 points, including H-t-H of 8 and pistols. The poor old Northern Horse should therefore be 38 points, as you say, for losing one H-t-H factor (2pts) and their pistols (1pt).

You may already have seen it, but there was a very interesting book on the Northern Horse recently (last year) from Helion, A Rabble of Gentility.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.