The Taiping Rebellion

Home Forums Historical Black Powder The Taiping Rebellion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HestonFan
    Participant

I am a big fan of Chinese history. The Taiping Rebellion is a particular interest of mine.

Does anyone game Black Powder in this period? It is an interesting period. It is believed to be the conflict with the highest loss of life. Numbers vary on source and historian. I have read 50 million is a fair estimate.
    The Chinese soldiers fought each other with spears, swords, axes and the occasional musket or arquebus. This is exceptional because it occurred around the same time as the American Civil War in North America.
    There were some notable European trained units. I believe that their involvement was limited in the overall war.

The Chinese also love their flags. The modeling opportunities are many.

I recommend doing a little research on it. The Taiping Rebellion is brutal example of how belief can affect people.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi RLBrow23 – I can’t recall seeing this done with BP but I don’t see any reason why BP couldn’t work. It copes with other 19th century conflicts which have spear/sword armed troops, alongside firearm troops, artillery etc. The special rules allow you to tailor particular units, so there is a lot of flexibility.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.