The New Epic Battles Sounds Exciting

Home Forums General Discussion The New Epic Battles Sounds Exciting

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

I checked out the new American Civil War series for Epic Battles. I hope that Warlord Games will do the same for other eras (American Revolution, Seven Years War, War of Spanish Succession, etc…) Also, is there a new set of rules for the Epic battles? Or are Black Powder rules being used just at smaller scales so that larger campaigns can be fought?

Peter
    Participant

Epic battles should be good for doing large battles on the table we game on in 28mm. I can see the possibility of expanding into other periods particularly where the troop types are similar such as the English civil war,samurai wars ,war of Spanish succession etc  where few new moulds are needed to cover the troop types. I am eager to see what is in store.

melinore
    Participant

I am excited for this new line as well. I’ve always been interested in the American Civil War though since the original announcement I haven’t heard too much. What is the best way to get new information on releases or does Warlord Games not do too much in the way of releasing information until the product actually launches?

VinUnleaded
    Participant

I just painted up the frames you receive for free from Wargames Illustrated.

They were easy to paint using the techniques suggested in that magazine issue, but I adjusted them to my age old techniques.

Got them done fast and they look EPIC and AWESOME.

Just dont immediately go from painting a 28mm to these.

Instead wait a day to let your eyes adjust, otherwise as what happened to me I could not see and paint well because I was so accustomed to the larger size.

The next day and thereafter, I just painted the Epic miniatures and wow, might as well have been 28mm, as I could now see again and paint since my eyes adjusted to the new smaller size.

Peter
    Participant

I was excited at the prospect of epic acw, bought several copies of Wargames illustrated for the sprues  and ordered the starter package. But then I saw the prices of the wave two and three releases. Wow ,its cheaper to buy kalistra metal cavalry than warlord resin by some margin,then along come the skirmishes 40 figures for £25 ,the same pice as a box of 28 mm figures from Perrys. Not to sure if I will be adding any of these to my collection.

Lee Gramson
    Participant

I think the concept is very exciting, even to a wargamer of over 40 years like myself. I have a few issues of course mainly around the use of a single sprue for both sides and the price of the future releases, but the main starter box will keep me painting for a few months. I keep reminding myself that these figures (starter) are VERY cheap, around 3 to 4p per figure? I do have an issue with having to buy 300 Zouaves for £40.00 though as I know I’ll never use them all! I don’t know if Warlord were aware just how well the Kallistra figures match these epics because an awful lot of orders are going that way at the moment clearly for command and cavalry etc. I probably WILL buy the Zouaves and Iron Brigade boxes but clearly will be selling off unused sprues on eBay.

Anyway, that said they do paint up a treat and very quickly, I’m trimming down my Union hats to kepis and much happier, it’s a bit fiddly but worth the effort and so far all muskets and fingers remain intact. I’m  also using printed Warflag flags as I think the Union flags a tad too small so wanted them a bit bigger but aside from that the impact of (in my case) 60 figure units is quite something to behold 🙂

A few painted Rebs (I’m about same number of Yanks now, 360 painted figures in 2 weeks is pretty good going).

George
    Participant

They look Awesome, Lee.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.