Strontium dog rules questions (Prob same for Judge Dredd)

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy 2000 AD Strontium dog rules questions (Prob same for Judge Dredd)

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andy Watkins
    Participant

Normally an aimed shot allows you to add +2 dice to the to hit or damage roll. Is this still true when you use an aimed shot to fire a heavy weapon such as the blazooga?

I am assuming not but it does not say anywhere?

If your character is currently pinned and used a chicanery card to for example activate and take an aimed shot what happens? is the pin ignored??

The way we played it was that the character rolled his cool dice to try and clear the pin, if successful the card was played if failed the card was discarded. But that was just the way we played it, could not find anything in the rules to cover this?

If anyone knows the answer to either of these questions i would appreciate it.

Findo
    Participant

Straight from the writer’s mouth (I asked the same question in another thread).

“Hi and welcome. Heavy weapons don’t benefit from the usual bonus to Shoot or Power you’d usually get for Aimed Fire. You can find more on this on p32 where it talks about different kinds of weapons (flame etc) under ‘Aimed Fire only’ weapons. Hope that helps.”

I don’t have an answer for the other question, other than in the games I have played, we allow the card even if pinned, as long as it has the wording “immediately” such as Wondershot, reasoning that Chicanery overrides rules it comes in conflict with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.